Millions of children around the world are born into a stark reality of abandonment, neglect, lack of opportunities and access to education amongst others. There seems to be a growing apathy and lack of effort of governments and systems to protect and defend the unalienable rights of a child. This treadmill of vulnerability has forced many children to endure traumatizing ordeals which impinge the child’s ability to face the future and play an empowered role in shaping his/her tomorrow.
It is for this salient reason that Morgan Hill exists to perpetually beam the spotlight on these issues, contribute its quota in addressing these ills and to continue to be a leading advocate for the care, protection, and enforcement of extant rights of vulnerable children in all communities within our footprint.
It is our conviction that guaranteeing the right of all children around the globe, no matter where they come from, to the nurture and care of a family environment, as well as unfettered access to education are most crucial to the well-being of any child.
And so in this vein, MorgSan Hill Children Foundation has recorded some meaningful strides in its various child welfare interventions. We moved into 2017 on the back of a successful 2016 that saw our advocacy efforts bear fruits. Notably amongst them, was the amendment of the Lagos State Law on Adoption that permitted the adoption of children by non-Nigerian adopters. This feat in and of itself was instrumental in strengthening the adoption program in Nigeria.
This year, our drive is to focus on critical areas that will directly impact as many vulnerable children within our reach. Some of the key projects and advocacy programs we have earmarked include;
- Expansion of Adoption Law Review to (at least 3) other States in Nigeria.
- Continue the Rehabilitation of dilapidated orphanage buildings and donation of various domestic materials to improve the welfare of over 1000 orphans exposed to hazardous living conditions in the States we work in.
- Commencement of an Annual Summer Enrichment Program, where we take a handful of orphaned children overseas.
- Morgan Scholarship Award & Wheelchair Program: This is an annual scholarship scheme were our Foundation will give annual scholarships & motorized wheelchairs to 10 students with special needs whose continuous access to education is threatened due poverty and/or physical incapacity.
- The Hill- A special initiative that looks to address the challenges facing the increasing number of orphans whose likelihood of adoption are slim either due to age, deformity, etc. This intervention seeks to take proactive measures to facilitate the identification/matching of these children with welcoming families, provide counseling and rehabilitation programs to enable effective adjustment of these children when they leave the orphanage.
Finally, I would like to use the opportunity to thank all our numerous stakeholders for the support towards “the work” we do.
Our special gratitude goes to the Catholic Charities of Baltimore who supported our first-of-its-kind adoption conference themed ‘Opening the Lines of Communication in Inter-Country Adoption’
I would also like to use the opportunity to thank the Lagos State Ministry of Youth and Social Development, the United States’ Consulate in Lagos, and all our affiliated agencies both home and abroad.
To our existing and future donors & benefactors, I pray that God continues to bless and reward your philanthropy. We count on your support as usual in the years to come.
I hope you find this website useful in understanding what we do as an organization. Please feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (234)803-710-5971